Sunday, October 1, 2017

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Christmas Tunes

Yes, the calendar only says October 1, but in the crafting world, you have to work ahead of the holidays.  For that reason especially, you are going to love the October stamp of the month, Christmas Tunes.  I can't wait for all the great ideas along this blog hop!  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Jean's blog.  From here, you'll visit Michelle next.)
Because this set is perfect for Christmas, I decided to make a card with each of the four main images.  I used the Beary Christmas paper pack and dots, waterbrush, and White Daisy cards and envelopes for each of my cards.
 This first one is almost exactly like the "stample" in the Holiday Expressions.  I stamped the image with Archival Black ink onto the White Daisy panel and onto a piece of scrap Glacier cardstock to make the base.  If you look closely, you can see how I used the waterbrush with Glacier ink to add a little shading to the snow globe and then went back over the inside of the globe with the shimmer brush.  I added a piece of Whimsy Glacier ribbon to complete this card.
The second card uses the beautiful wreath stamped in New England Ivy with the banner in Cranberry.  Coloring the holly berries and leaves goes very quickly!
 My third card was a little more challenging.  The colors aren't as vibrant as I would have liked, but it was quick to make.  (I added Tangerine to this card.)
 The fourth card is very similar to the card in the Holiday Expressions.  One thing that was difficult to photograph is how I added sparkle to the white stripes with my shimmer brush.
It was my goal to make a set of cards that could easily be replicated and "mass produced" for the holidays.   After leaving a comment, hop on to Michelle's blog to continue!  Thanks for stopping by!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

12 comments:

  1. I love all your cards and the touches you used to take them up a notch! Great work and I feel a lift coming on! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice collection! Well done - all of the designs showcase this stamp set beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards. I love the little bit of shimmer on your snowglobe, and the other cards are equally stunning. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! And I want that stamp set, for the wreath if nothing else. I might actually get some Christmas cards made this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards would make a great workshop"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clean and simple paves the way for a great set of cards. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "shadow" created with the watercolor looks so nice with the snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great set of Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards! Love the shading on the globe! I never think of that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails