Monday, April 3, 2017

H2H Challenges: April Showers

You know the saying about April showers, right?  Heart 2 Heart Challenges' first April challenge is April Showers.  I knew that I wanted to try to pair the April stamp of the month, Flock Together, with the umbrella from the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge.
To begin, I stamped the hen and chick with Momento black permanent ink on my Glacier card front and again on White Daisy.  Then I took the cut out umbrella and laid it on my card to see where to stamp the hearts upside down to simulate raindrops.  (I stamped the "rain" with Glacier ink.)
The next step was to color the White Daisy birds with my Shin Han Twin Touch markers to coordinate with the Some Kinda Wonderful paper collection and then cut them out.  (By stamping them on the card base first in black, I didn't have to try to cut out the little feet!)  I don't know if you can tell how I split the umbrella so that it looks like it's tucked under Mama Hen's wing.  All of my embellishments except the silver shimmer trim came with the Some Kinda Wonderful Workshop Your Way collection.

Be sure to check out all of the Heart 2 Heart Design Team's inspiration for April Showers.  The month has just started, so you'd be a fool not to join us!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love the umbrella and the upside-down heart raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant way to use the heart upside! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails