Saturday, October 1, 2016

October Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Yuletide Joy

Even though I was appalled to find Christmas trees at our local Walmart a few days ago, in the crafting world you have to work ahead of the season.  With that in mind, Close To My Heart has a pretty Christmas stamp set, Yuletide Joy, as the October stamp of the month.  If you're not ready to bring out the tinsel and lights, don't worry!  This blog hop will start the festivities!  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Brenda's blog.  From here, you'll visit Michelle Loncar's blog next.)
My card pairs Yuletide Joy with the City Sidewalks collection: paper pack, embellishment assortment, washi tape, and red epoxy gems.  (You can purchase them all individually, or save with the City Sidewalks Workshop Your Way collection.)  I knew I wanted to use the stocking stamp, which is super easy to cut with the (retired) CTMH/Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge.  In keeping with the City Sidewalks retro feel, I stamped the stocking in Lagoon.  My sketch is from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2.  The sentiment is stamped in the new Willow exclusive ink.  Don't you love the silver shine of the star and the washi tape?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Please leave me a comment and then check out Michelle's lovely project next!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

13 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! Love how you used the patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love how you used several papers from City Sidewalks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Love how you used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, love those new bright colors in the Christmas papers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your card, Haley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I am going to make any Christmas cards, I'd better start this month! I like the stocking stamp and of course, the touches of silver..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great use of the pattern papers, you created a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an unexpected colour for the stocking but it works so well with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it with the City Sidewalks paper. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails