Monday, August 4, 2014

H2H Challenges: Inspired by... a Movie

All month long, Heart 2 Heart Challenges is using an "Inspired by..." theme.  This week's challenge is inspired by a movie, and you have all month to play along.
Can you tell what movie inspired my layout?  Here's a hint:
If you guessed The Wizard of Oz, you're correct!  "There's no place like home!"  While this might not be the "look" of the movie, it definitely uses one of its most famous quotes.  In case you're wondering, this layout is the base layout from the Picture My Life Avonlea kit.  Here's what it looked like out of the box:
Scroll back up to the top to see how I added an addition PML card, retired Slate ribbon, retired Avonlea Assortment metal embellishments (key), gray sparkles, and Durables triangle studs.

Now here is the original back of said layout:
 And the back again with journaling and embellishments:
I was also able to get my first page made.  I used three PML journaling cards and then cut faux cards with leftover pieces of the retired Avonlea paper pack.  Sorry about the glare from the page protector!
Front:
 And (unfinished) back:

If you're not inspired yet, be sure to check out all of the H2H DT's movie-inspired artwork.  You have all month to play along with each of our "Inspired by..." challenges.  Join us!

Finally, don't forget that CTMH is offering a Picture My Life special!  Order a kit and add on an extra set of page protectors for only $3.  Click HERE for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the PML layout, Haley. I have lots of these kits but haven't started using them yet! You've inspired me to get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails