Friday, August 29, 2014

First Day of School Layout

We have been in school for four weeks now and are all looking forward to the long weekend!  (It's going to be a busy one, starting with tonight's first high school football game.  Both girls are in marching band, and Hubby & I are chaperoning the trip tonight.)

Not long after our first day of school, I carved out a little time to create this layout using the new Chalk It Up paper pack and Assortment.  Those puffy stickers are a hoot, and certainly take me back to MY middle school days!  The School Years stamp set was the perfect compliment to the layout.  That pretty lagoon stripe is actually our new Lagoon heart washi tape.
Here is our older daughter, a junior.  I cut CTMH/Cricut Artiste speech bubbles for the girls' current signatures.  Our "baby" is an 8th grader this year, and I am starting my 21st year teaching.  (I am not sure how that happened!)

This layout is a sketch of my own design.  It just seemed to fit the photos.  Thanks for letting my show off my precious girls and for sharing in our back to school first day ritual!

I am linking this layout up to the Color My Heart Color Dare #108: Flaxen, Lagoon, and Sorbet
Have a great long weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout! I especially love that you included the girls' signatures. Really special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how precious! Love, love this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet memory to scrap. Love the layout. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrapbook layout! I love how you were able to get so many photos in it and your use of the heart washi tape. Thanks for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Haley! I am glad you got to scrapbook your daughters going back to school! This is going to be such a great keepsake to look back on. I can't wait to put pictures of my girls on a layout like this soon (they are much younger - 2nd grade and kindergarten!). Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on this layout! Thanks for sharing this special memory with us at Color My Heart. We always love when you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, Haley! I especially like the banners stating the school years. Great idea! Thanks for joining the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails