Sunday, June 15, 2014

Technique Blog Hop: Picture My Life

This month's Technique Blog Hop challenge is to use Picture My Life cards on anything but a scrapbook layout.  (If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived here from Michelle's blog.  You'll go to Terry's blog next!)  Since I have been working with the Avonlea Picture My Life kit to scrapbook our home remodel, I picked out two cards to use on a (timely) Father's Day card.
To jazz up my card, I added a 2" strip of Twilight card stock to the 4"x6" PML card and then adhered some Gold Polka Dot washi tape.  Before I layered the sentiment card, I swiped the edges in Twilight ink, punched a hole in the top to make it look like a tag, and threaded some (retired) Sorbet ribbon through the top.  I decided to attach this to a 5"x7" Twilight card stock base with a piece of (retired) Avonlea paper from my stash.  I also distressed the card front with Twilight ink.  To finish it off, I added a Teal base & bling resin flower and three Aqua dots.  I hope my husband likes it!

Since it's Father's Day (and yesterday was our daughter's 16th birthday), here's a picture of us the day we became parents...
 ...and Easter this year!

Thanks for stopping by and letting me show off my family!  Once you get a set (or two) of the Picture My Life collections, you're going to love all the possibilities of these pretty cards!  Now go see what Terry has created!

5 comments:

  1. The card is cute as cute can be.

    Those 16 years have flown by...and it gets faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Also love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that card! Of course, those ARE my colors. :-). Happy Father's Day to Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card. Really love the addition of the Washi, adds such a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails