Saturday, May 3, 2014

Free to Be Me Blog Hop

Happy {inter}National Scrapbook Day!  Have you had a crafty, scrappy day?  I sure have.  I actually spent the afternoon working with the Close To My Heart National Scrapbooking Month special paper collection, Free To Be Me, and I'm excited to be part of this special blog hop.  (If you're already clicking through the hop, then you should have arrived from Irene's blog.  You'll go to Judy Faye's blog next.)
Everything you see here was made with SCRAPS from the Free To Be Me paper pack that were leftover after I cut everything for the featured projects (two layouts and three cards).  I did have to add White Daisy card stock, but that is a crafting staple.
This card is probably my favorite.  I'm not sure how well you can see the UV embossing that is on both the Lagoon and the Red card stock, but it catches the light well in person.  The little "smile" sentiment (stamped in Lagoon) is from the CTMH/Cricut Artbooking collection.  I think the fringed red frame and the triangle durables studs add a fun touch!
My second card came about because of the orange rectangle on the left.  It was the perfect fit on a standard-sized card, so I designed my card around it.  I wanted to use more of the little scraps and some of the gorgeous vellum in the kit, so this is what I made.  The stamps and cut pieces are from the CTMH/Cricut Artiste collection, stamped in Lagoon and Cocoa.  Do you see the aqua dots embellishing the cupcake?
For this little 3"x3" cutie, I used the same stamp set as the first card but added a pop of Cranberry.  I think the busyness of this little beauty is part of its charm.
Since I still had tons of scraps and full sheets of gorgeous paper left, I kept on crafting.  I am going to be sharing more this week, so come back often.  Before you leave, I'd love to know what you think of these, so leave a little loving in the comments before zipping off to to check out Judy Faye's fabulous creation!

7 comments:

  1. Great cards girl! So many great ideas in this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute cards. Great use of the different papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun, great work, really enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Haley! The third is my fave- the arrow really adds to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of cards--and way to use your scraps! Each one has fun details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute really does come in small packages! the third card is super cute, love the paper combo and stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails