Tuesday, March 26, 2013

SOS Challenges: Sketch for 3/15

One thing that I love about Scrap Our Stash is that you can use whatever supplies that you like!  This fun blog is all about getting you motivated and scrapping.  For the first half of the month, we offer a supply/product challenge, and for the second half we have a sketch for you to try.  Here's this month's sketch:

And my interpretation:
This sketch came at the perfect time because I decided to move most of my Christmas layouts into a Christmas album, and I created the title page following the sketch.  (The photos are from 2001, our youngest's 1st Christmas; '03 or '04; and this past 2012.)  The papers are last year's Close To My Heart Christmas collection, Pear & Partridge.  Don't you love double-sided paper?  I flipped the pieces over a few times until I had a color scheme that I liked.

The ornaments were cut with the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  I cheated a bit in my title and used a Rusty Pickle stamp set from my stash.  If you are like me and haven't indulged in all the cool washi tape, just use patterned paper instead.
Can you believe how big the girls have gotten?  Christmas is still a wonderful time of year!  Unfortunately it's feeling more like Christmas here than spring.  If that's the case for you too, then stay inside and scrap with us.  Give this sketch a try and link it up at the SOS Challenge blog by 3/29.
 
Stamp set: Rusty Pickle
All other supplies from Close To My Heart: Pear & Partridge Workshop on the Go collection (which included the ribbon and red gems); Cocoa and New England Ivy ink; Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge; red glitter glitz gel

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely darling idea. Of course you know I love seeing those cuties...who are growin up entirely too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout! You know Pear and Partridge is one of my favorite paper packs - and of course those are some of my favorite people in the pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails