Friday, May 11, 2012

Scrap Our Stash May Challenge: "Mother, May I?"

The May challenge as Scrap Our Stash is a play on the children's game, "Mother May I?"  The challenge is to find inspiration from a crafter you admire and then ask MAY share your work (and interpretation of it) at SOS.
Aaron Booth is a paper crafter who I really admire.  I totally CASEd her recent card I found on her blog (at right) to create my Mom's Mother's Day card.  She used the beautiful Pemberley paper pack and wooden Garden shapes.  I used her card design but changed up the colors and elements a little bit with the Dotty for You paper pack and the Just Blooms Butterflies. I think this one is very fitting for my dear mother. 

(Mom, sorry I didn't get this to you before you left on your big adventure!  It is waiting here for your return and our fun Mother's Day ladies' trip!)
It's not too late for you to participate in the May Scrap Our Stash "May I?" challenge.  Visit the SOS blog for complete submission details.  All skill levels and supplies are welcome. 

I'm also linking this up to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge blog for the current Mother's Day challenge.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms of the world!

All supplies from Close To My Heart: White Daisy and Sweet Leaf card stock; Dotty for You paper pack (May special); Sweet Leaf and Lagoon inks; seam binding ribbon; Just Blooms paper butterflies; Bohemian assortment (button); stamp set (retired)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like that card design and especially your interpretation of it! MAY I copy you (not for the first time?) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, it is beautiful! I love it. The butterfly is touching b/c we know how much my mother loves them. Thank you. I know it will be even prettier in the real. Miss you...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails