Friday, January 20, 2012

Be Yourself Card

Even though this stamp set is no longer available, I love its message and the cool girly silhouettes in the set. I made it for a very special young lady, our younger daughter. She hasn't had the best week, so I wanted to give her a little something to cheer her up.

I started with a card base from my stash. (It is a top-fold card and the front is shorter than the back.) The Wonderland paper pack is perfect for this blue-loving girl! The argyle patterned paper is on the inside of the card. Can you see the silver glitz gel? Thank you, fellow H2H design team member, Allisa, for the idea! I glammed up the gal's dress with more silver glitz.

On the inside, I wrote her a message about how much we love her and how she should be herself, because "herself" is just wonderful! She was so surprised and pleased to find it on her pillow tonight as she went to bed.

Here's a picture of our sweet gal (along with our loveable mutt and the laundry basket)! She LOVES her North Face jacket. If you've read this far, then you won't mind reading the story behind it. She really, really wanted a North Face jacket for Christmas, and we kept telling her no way because they are way too expensive. Well, her terrific daddy found this one on eBay at a reasonable price after Christmas, so she got a North Face jacket after all.



2 comments:

  1. Yay for daddy and ebay! Give her an extra hug from me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love that sweet gal! And the jacket bargain that her smart daddy found. This gal is indeed very special, smart, and so well rounded. Smooches...and the card is 'adowable'. For sure...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails