Thursday, June 9, 2011

Words of Wisdom EOY Gifts

This year's end-of-year teacher gifts consisted of a framed inspirational sentiment, and I think it fits today's 365 Card challenge, Words of Wisdom, pretty well! This design could easily be used as a card front instead of a bit of home decor. (My frames all measure 4"x6".) Most of the teachers received the Magnifique version, shown here first. (Of course they were framed; this photo shows the design, etc., w/o the glare from the glass in the frame. The flowers were adhered on the outside of the glass after assembling the pieces.) For the band and chorus teachers (not pictured), I used the musical paper from the Mistletoe paper collection.




Each teacher also received a version of this simple thank you card. The girls wrote their own messages of appreciation on the inside. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the decorated lunch sacks that we put the presents and cards in.


Because this verse means so much to me (and I know that I need to be reminded sometimes!), I made a framed piece for my bathroom, where I will see it each and every day. The Miracle paper pack matches my bathroom well.


I also made one for a dear family friend's 13th birthday. Her bedroom is decorated in a cowgirl theme, so I used the (retired) Giddy Up papers and a wooden frame. The knotted jute is on the outside of the glass but tucked under the frame's edges. (I did use a few glue dots to hold it place.)



Now I've got to make one for each of our daughters' bedrooms. Orders, anyone?


Supplies from Close To My Heart: Magnifique paper pack; Sky, Pacifica, & Chocolate inks; Chocolate marker; Sensational Seals stamp set; Miracle paper pack; Crystal Blue & Twilight inks; Giddy Up paper pack; Twilight & Chocolate inks; Just Blooms White Daisy paper flowers; Blue Sparkles; 2" scallop circle punch; 1-1/4" circle punch


Other: Philippians 4:13 stamp (Verve); jute (unknown); frames (Dollar General & WalMart)

5 comments:

  1. Great job, honey. They were cuter in the real, and I know everyone loved their special gift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift! That's one of my favorite verses, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift idea.... visiting from Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gift idea. Beautiful verse.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm sure they loved those gifts :-) Thanks for sharing with us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails