Thursday, January 6, 2011

Journaling with a Twist: A Family Journal

THIS POST inspired me to create our own family journal. I don't know how successful we'll be at using it, but anything that keeps us connected is a good thing. (I've had this idea for a long time but never found the time to implement it. I decided the new year was a great time to try something new.)

To make the journal, I simply covered the front and back of a composition book (you know, the marbled black and white notebooks?) with the striped Magnifique paper. All of the artwork, including the title, came from the Magnifique My Stickease (some from the Level 1 kit and some from the pack that is sold separately). I might have gone a little crazy with all the bling- blue sparkles, mocha opaques, and foundry frames, oh my!
On the inside, I handwrote a title page and then on the next page a few instructions for using the journal. I went ahead and started the first entry, about New Year's Resolutions. Our oldest has already written a response. We're off to a great start!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute...love the paper. And Dtr #1 has already written in it. Priceless! It will be fun to go back at the end of the year and read it again...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails