Monday, November 29, 2010

Technique Junkies Just One Swap (& Tutorial Link)

Since I am such a stamping nut, I decided to subscribe to the Technique Junkies newsletter again. It is chock full of great ideas (although some of the materials are hard to find in Podunk)!

This month is the first time I've participated in the "Just One" swap. Two swappers are paired up to send each other a card before the end of the month using at least one Technique Junkie technique.

Here is the lovely card I received from Sandi Halliburton. She used the Textured Duet technique to create the gorgeous backgrounds. She punched the leaves out of the center piece, backed the holes with packing tape, and then applied gold leaf. Isn't it pretty?

The inside is just as beautiful!

Here is the card I sent her:

It is a double pocket fold card. Wouldn't this be great for giving a gift card? (Tutorial link below!) I also incorporated the Rock 'n Roll technique to apply multiple colors to my stamped images.


Here are the tags pulled out.

I used the Olivia paper pack, Timeless and Flourished Blessings stamp sets, and Pear, Creme Brulee, Sunset, Smoothie, Barn Red, and Cocoa inks.

Click HERE to go to a tutorial to make your own double pocket card!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun swap. I've been a TJ subscriber for years, but haven't participated in any swaps. Might have to check it out.

    And I really like the punched leaves with the gold glitter - great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packing tape? Who knew??? Both cards are great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been able to understand how to use gold leaf, I have some, but have never used it. I would be a technique junkie to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the packing tape idea - great card! Sorry again for missing last night - I'll see you the next 2 Sundays though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails