Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mojo Monday & Tuesday Trigger (on Saturday)


While blog surfing this week, I stumbled upon the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger: Study in Blue and just had to create!

First, I love all the blues against the neutral background, and for some reason those flowers on the left made me think of my beautiful peacock stamp (not my multitude of flower stamps, but the peacock). This week's Mojo Monday sketch #163 came to mind, so I got right to work.



Here are some closeups so you can ooh and ahh over the details (LOL!). For the focal image, I folded down the top edge of the beautiful Pacifica peacock paper and then used a scalloped edge (from the Mix 'n Mingle album) to trace the scallop and cut out. I decided the sentiment "You're amazing" was perfect for this card, so I stamped it in Pacifica. Next, I heat embossed the peacock with white embossing powder.

I went back and paper pierced the scalloped edge and distressed it a bit with Chocolate ink. I added the blue sparkles for some bling. Finally, I attached that piece to a bit of Chocolate card stock after sanding its edges.

Although the striped background might be a bit busy, I felt that I needed to tie in the peacock theme a little bit more, so I clear embossed the feathers after randomly stamping them.

I tied a piece of the beautiful Colonial White ribbon around the center panel, and then finished off the knot with a gold glitter brad. Oh la la!


Of course I couldn't forget to decorate the inside just a little bit too.


I'm so thankful that my cold this week hasn't totally ruined my mojo!

All supplies from Close To My Heart: Circle of Love and Unity stamp sets; Magnifique paper pack; Chocolate textured card stock (retired); Sky, Pacifica, Chocolate, and Versamark inks; white and clear embossing powder; heat tool; blue sparkles; gold glitter brad; Colonial White desigern ribbon; paper piercer; adhesive; Mix 'n Mingle album (as template)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! You did a wonderful job using the Mojo sketch with the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love all the embossing & the panel with the sentiment is very striking against the blue. Awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice variation of the card we made in your class. That peacock can certainly strut his stuff, often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it interesting where the muse will take us! I like that peacock embossed in white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love that paper, and it works well in this card, too. I especially like the folded over top edge w/the scalloped edge. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Haley! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails