Saturday, September 11, 2010

Queen for a Day Birthday Card (Swap Too!)

This card was so much fun to make that I decided to make 40 of them! What was I thinking? Well, it was time for the new catalog swap I like to participate in, so I made these little lovelies and necklaces for all the swappers.

The card uses the Wishes "A Cut Above" sketch for a 3"x3" card, but I turned the sketch upside down and rotated the card to be a side-fold card. I had so much fun with our new colored sparkles and new pearl opaques to make "birthstones!" I was amazed at how well Sunset went with all the other colors. The top card uses Gypsy to make an "amethyst" birthday card. The second card is supposed to mimic diamonds for an April baby. Rather than stamp the saying in white, I used Sunset ink on the Sunset piece.
I heat-embossed the crown in gold on the card front using the Royal Birth stamp set. To give the gemstone sparkle and shine, I first stamped it using whatever color ink I chose for the "birthstone" and then quickly sprinkled on clear embossing powder. (Heat setting from the BACK will keep the powder from blowing off as you heat set it.)

The third card uses Holiday Red for rubies, and the next is supposed to be pearls for June. (Next time, I will just use a large Opaque Pearl in place of the large white brad. It doesn't look as nice as I thought it would.)

Doesn't Pear ink and sparkles make a lovely peridot card?

Here's Cranberry to celebrate a garnet birthday.



My final card uses Pacifica for sapphires. I ended up using my light blue sparkles on other projects, so I didn't make myself an aquamarine card. Don't worry, though, there are plenty more sparkles where those come from!






Finally, here are all forty cards lined up ready to get mailed out.

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness...you are one stampin' machine! They are beautiful. Have fun doing the Open House. WIWT, instead of being stuck in Cheyenne:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these cards "up close and personal" and they are even better than the pictures show. What a great idea - and how much patience you have! 40 is a LOT of cards!
    See you at the Open House!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails