Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Our Flowers Layout

This layout is from the Veranda Workshop on the Go, which was only available this spring. I actually put most of it together in my class, but I've finally gotten around to adding my photos and a bit of journaling. There is something so peaceful and beautiful about the flowers in our yard in the spring!

Since I had so many photos and the original layout only called for four (one 7"x5" and three 3.5"x3"), I had to get creative. First, I cropped the two photos on the left page to take up the 5"x7" space. Then, I figured out the size of the photo area on the right page: 3.5"x9". I made a flap by doubling the height and then folding in half. When I add this layout to my page protector, I will carefully (with the use of a craft mat) cut a slit in the protector so that the flap will stick out. Yes, those pictures may get a few fingerprints on them, but that's okay by me. Adding a flap (made like you would make a card) can really add so much to your layout.

If you like interactive features to your scrapbook pages (or just want to add more photos), you are going to love something magical in the works from Close To My Heart (available 9/1/10)! Hint, hint! Tee hee!

All supplies from Close To My Heart: Veranda Workshop on the Go kit (no longer available); Cocoa, Creme Brulee, Blush, and Garden Green ink; Cocoa marker; Just Blooms paper flowers; pewter Filigree Charms brads dyed antique copper with Brown StazOn ink; Antique Copper Mini-Medley charms


{Layout 2010 #29}

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty layout! I've been thinking about doing flower and vegetable garden layouts. Maybe I'll get to it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails