Saturday, April 17, 2010

Miracle Kit: 3rd Layout

In our neck of the woods, our weeping cherry still has some lovely blooms, our tulip magnolia is in its full glory, and our dogwoods are beginning to blossom. Spring is my favorite season, though as of today, the pollen may be winning. We had the windows open last night, and I am stopped up this morning.

The Miracle kit is perfect for spring (as I have used it), but don't limit yourself. I can't wait to see what you come up with when you get yours. Using the scraps from my Miracle kit (after creating the two layouts provided in the instruction guide) and some more coordinating scraps from my stash, I finished our Spring Break '08 trip layouts.

Putting this layout together was simple. I grabbed my Cherish how-to guide, found a few sketches for five photos (the number I had left that I wanted to scrap), and then chose the "Kept in Proportion" pattern. All I had to do was follow the directions to cut my paper to the necessary sizes. I didn't follow the guide exactly, but that is the great thing: they are guides! You can recreate your layouts exactly as presented, or you can customize them a bit to suit your taste (or needs). For example, the piece at the far right is "supposed" to measure 4"x12". My scrap of the striped paper only measured 3"x12" so I just centered it on the 4"x12" area of the base card stock.

In keeping with my other layouts, I also sponged the Irresistibles chipboard elements with Blush ink, though I could have chosen several other colors to coordinate with my pictures.

Can you tell that the Sweet Leaf piece inside the Blush frame is the back side of that beautiful flowery B&T?

All of the embellishments I used on this layout came from the Miracle kit.
Believe it or not, I still had a few scraps left, so I'll post my final creations soon.
Let me know if you'd like to get your own Miracle kit (available until 5/31 or while supplies last, so don't delay)!
{2010 layout 23}

1 comment:

  1. The Little White House is definitely worth a visit, especially in the spring. Really cute l/o!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails