Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gift Bag & Clip

For as long as I've been stamping, I've been decorating plain ole' brown paper lunch sacks as gift bags. Have you ever tried a white paper lunch sack? They can be quite lovely too! (Did you know that you can turn a few of these bags into a little mini album? Let me show you how to create either project!) One word of caution: be sure to place a piece of cardboard INSIDE your bag before attempting to stamp.

I'm not sure where I saw the idea first for a clothespin to hold the bag closed, but here's my version. I used the same liquid glass and prisma glitter technique that I showed you in my video tutorial (scroll down a bit if you want to find it to watch) to create the "M" monogram. This time, however, I cut down the square a bit, following the Baroque alphabet stamped image, and mounted this one (with 3-D foam squares) onto a smaller Dimensional Element Perennial chipboard flower that I covered with the lovely Veranda B&T. I used liquid glass to hold the chipboard flower to the clothespin on which I had already glued a strip of coordinating B&T. I think that's all the steps, but let me know if you have any questions!

All materials are from Close To My Heart except the paper bag and clothespin.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails